Our food is a bit more complex than it seems, within each food are substances that confer specific properties and characteristics. This is the case of proteins, as well as its importance in daily diet, proteins are necessary in diets to lose weight.
You like many people wanting to lose weight, probably have heard of proteins, but what they
Proteins are organic molecules composed of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen. These complex molecules are formed by amino acids that combine together to form cell membranes.
- Structural or Plastic: Helps to build and repair body tissues.
- Only proteins can perform this function, which is why they are necessary for life.
- Regulatory: Participate in the formation of hormones, enzymes, vitamins, hemoglobin.
- Protective: They interfere with the body's defense mechanisms, through the formation of immunoglobulin antibodies.
- Transportation: blood oxygen through hemoglobin molecules.
- Catalyst: Through specific enzymes, which help speed metabolism.
- Resistance: Through them we can form tissues that support and cushion, such as tissue collagen, elastin, and connective tissue.
- Energy: Provides 4 Kcal. / Gr. tissue.
Proteins are one of the main nutrients needed in diets for weight loss that more is taken into account, due to its function of building muscle, unlike fat which help the formation of fatty deposits and carbohydrates that provide energy that accumulates in the blood under the name of blood glucose. This does not mean that we should not make a selection of protein to diet.
There are two different protein sources:
Animal: Those found in animal tissue and are found in beef, chicken, fish, shellfish, milk, egg. This type of protein for having hemoglobin, are considered of better quality. But keep in mind that usually comes with fat. Therefore it is necessary to select those foods that contain less fatty acid.
Plant: Those that are plant structures, while very useful for food, are of lower quality, it does not contain hemoglobin. But run with the advantage of being accompanied by complex carbohydrates (soluble and insoluble fiber). Within this group can be found in greater amounts in vegetables and whole grains.
In a restrict calorie diet, can increase the amount of protein between 25-30% of total calories, to find that the body begins to use fat stores for energy. This is the case of the so called Dr. Atkins Diet or high protein diet.
The protein content should be handled carefully, should not exceed 20% of total caloric value, because if it can help you lose kilos, you can bring other complications such as:
Enjoy this article?
You might also like